NNL Science - Scientific Journal
NNL Science is a scientific journal which presents a selection of the many and varied peer reviewed scientific articles that NNL has completed either for customers or through our own, self-funded Signature Research programme.
Each edition of NNL Science will highlight a key area. This latest edition includes a number of papers on the science of vitrification.
Issue 4 - Contents
- Cementitious encapsulation of radioactive waste
- Bioremediation of below ground uranium contamination
- Irradiated nuclear fuel composition calculations and estimating their uncertainties
- Recent development in understanding caesium chemistry at Sellafield
- Development of a new flowsheet for co-separating the transuranic actinides: the "Euro-GANEX" process
- Iodine radiation chemistry in nuclear reactor accidents
We need to make a couple of changes to NNL Science Issue 4. The replacement will be available here shortly.
Issue 3 - Contents
- Using chemical and process modelling to design, understand and improve an effluent treatment plan
- Neptunium extraction in an advanced PUREX process and the EURO-GANEX process
- Density functional theory calculations of the Actinide (VI) / Actinide (V) redox potentials in water
- Muon tomography: Characterising legacy nuclear waste using cosmic rays
- Hydrogen yields from water on the surface of PuO2
Issue 2 - Contents
- The Vitrification Test Rig - A research and development tool for high level waste vitrification
- A new glass formulation for the vitrification of high molybdenum waste
- Effect of composition of UK vitrified HLW on long-term durability
- Hot Isostatically Pressed nuclear wasteforms for the future
- Strontium 90 mobility in contaminated nuclear facilities and groundwater
- The inhibition of localised corrosion in irradiated cooling waters
Issue 1 - Contents
- Supporting the operation and future decommissioning of UK graphite moderated nuclear plant
- Plutonium speciation in a Sellafield legacy fuel storage pond
- Raman spectroscopy of plutonium dioxide
- Radiation damage in stainless steels
- Development of the Enigma fuel performance code
- RadBall - the next generation
You can download a copy by clicking on the link in "Related Links". Each article includes contact details for the lead author.