Research and Development Programme
NNL runs a research and development programme with funding of £1 million a year - part of our continued investment in developing products and services that will benefit the UK and international nuclear industry.
The programme has been running for two years now and has been an immense success. During this time we have:
- Collaborated with over 20 research organisations
- Seen a leverage of investment of over five times
- Been directly involved in 11 sponsored PhDs which involved over 25 research scientists
- Published three position papers giving our authoritative view
- Had nearly 300 ideas submitted for consideration with around 10% being technologically developed
- Had six patent families protecting intellectual property across the UK, US and EU territories
- Developed significant new commercial relationships including a joint venture to look at decontamination technologies
- Brought a number of key products, including RadBall, to market.