As a highly regarded advisor to the UK nuclear industry, our skill base and business portfolio covers all areas of the nuclear industry. From fuel manufacture, reactor operations and design, to new nuclear build, to waste management and decommissioning. Used to working at the leading edge of nuclear technology development in the UK civil nuclear industry, our technical understanding is complete and right up to speed. Meanwhile, our experience in nuclear facilities management means we're always on top of the latest regulations.
Our comprehensive advisory service covers all aspects of safety, environmental and security requirements. It also provides supporting technical and engineering assessments. We can advise on regulatory needs at all stages throughout the plant lifecycle, from design, construction and commissioning, to operation, existing plant modification and decommissioning.
Our advisory service covers various aspects of Regulation and Licensing in the UK Nuclear Industry, including any training needed:
- Nuclear Installations Act, Site Licence Conditions, Safety Assessment Principles
- Environmental Permitting Regulations and Radioactive Substances Act
- Control of Major Accident Hazards, COMAH
- Ionising Radiation Regulations, IRRs and the Radiation Emergency Preparedness and Public Information Regulations, REPPIR
- Security Regulations
- Nuclear and Environment Safety Cases
- New Nuclear Build
The Safety Management Team includes a former nuclear regulator and colleagues with expertise in regulatory liaison roles on behalf of the Licensee. We also draw on the skills and expertise of our partners in the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan), specifically UCLan Nuclear in the area of nuclear education and training. They bring the sort of specialist knowledge and expertise that is simply unrivalled. All from their many years combined experience operating at a very senior level in the nuclear industry and the Nuclear Installations Inspectorate (predecessor body to the Office for Nuclear Regulation).
Our experience includes the following tailored training courses:
- 3 day Nuclear Industry Acquaint Course (NIAC) for new Inspector recruits to the Office for Nuclear Regulation
- Former BNFL Group Companies Corporate Graduate Training
- Safety Case training for the South Africa Pebble Bed Modular Reactor
- On Line Training Modules on Security Awareness and Information Security
David Thoburn, Business Leader
t: 01772 764433
m: 07720 946470